Every person has a secret wish to remain young and ageless. It’s a natural tendency to look great and have a clean, clear and smooth skin that oozes glow all the time. However, with age, stress, pollution and other environmental factors, the quality of our skin starts degrading. Problems like acne, fine lines, wrinkles, frown lines etc. adds on to the age of the person and hence, it is important to control them at the earliest. Although, we completely acknowledge the saying of ‘ageing gracefully’, we are enthusiastic about the advanced skin treatments that let you freeze the age factor and restore your youth brilliantly.
What exactly is a Botox?
Amongst all the anti-ageing treatments, ‘Botox’ is gaining huge popularity among people because of being a non-surgical, quick and safe method. In 2015, Botox was the top non-surgical procedure among men and women. More than 6 million Botox treatments are conducted every year.
The procedure is conducted by injecting Botulinum toxin type A (the active ingredient), human albumin (a protein found in human blood plasma) and sodium chloride in the muscles of the targeted area mainly forehead lines, crow’s feet, hyperhidrosis, frown lines etc. The complete procedure takes 30-45 minutes wherein the injection blocks the nerve impulses of the tissues creating a smoother look. In case you are planning to go for a Botox procedure, there are certain pointers which should be kept in mind-
- Research Thoroughly: In case, you’ve made up your mind to opt Botox, do your homework and try to find out as much information as you can so that you are clear about the procedure and its pros and cons.
- Consult a Dermatologist: Since, the treatment doesn’t work on all types of wrinkles, it is important to have a thorough evaluation before opting Botox. Consult a dermatologist to have a clear understanding about the procedure and ask him whether it will work on your skin.
- Experienced Professionals Only: Do not approach various spas and unexperienced professionals as they might not administer the procedure perfectly. Various factors like hygienic conditions, authentic formulation etc. can only be achieved at a professional treatment center or a clinic.
- Report Side Effects: Always keep your doctor updated on the status of the treatment. Report immediately in case you have any side effects.
- Think About The Cost Factor: Compare various clinics that offer this service and make sure that they charge you ‘per unit’ and not ‘per area’ of the face!
- Get Back To Normal Activities: Since, Botox doesn’t have any recovery time, only 1 session is required, you can get back to your daily activities from the next day itself.
- Rigorously Follow Treatment Schedule: Make a schedule with the help of your doctor and try to follow the routine as advised by the doctor i.e. before, during and after the treatment.
- Keep A Check on Medicines: Do not consume certain pills like Aspirin, ibuprofen as it may cause thinning of blood which can lead to excessive bleeding or bruise. Consult your doctor beforehand who will guide you regarding the intake of pills and medicines.
- Don’t Overdo: The key is to maintain a balance. Always have a low dose of Botox to achieve that natural look. Overdoing will make you look too plastic and awkward.
- Don’t Exercise: Despite a fast procedure, it is advised to take a break from the gym for 1-2 days so that your muscles are relaxed and you are relieved from any pain or soreness from the treatment.
Don’t Be Scared To Question: Clear your doubts before the treatment and ask immediately in case you have any doubt.